A BAKERS DOZEN
LATEST DINING visit the dining review map
Masaharu Morimoto reflects on family, culinary philosophy, and the restaurant realm that has him on a last-name basis with fans in Orlando and around the world.
Orlando Magazine| April 2017
“I didn’t feel famous. People call me a celebrity? I’m just a chef.”
But, I say, everybody knows you.
“Yeah … amazing, huh?” he says, then erupts in laughter.
Orlando Magazine| November, 2016
1921 by Norman Van Aken is, in fact, a love letter to Florida. Chicken from Lake Meadow Naturals, New Smyrna clams, Key West yellowtail, Florida wreckfish and produce from farms mere minutes from the front door highlight the menu.
Orlando Magazine| March 2018
All together, the four restaurants are prime examples of how to use the talents of world-class chefs and resourceful designers to their best advantage. The exceptional efforts at the Mario & Enzo restaurants produce a respectful take on classic Italian cuisine that rises above expectations for a tourist entertainment center, and the environment and attention to detail, both at M&E and the quirky, fun Edison, is thrilling.
theater See more
features See more
- Community Foundation of Jacksonville Art Ventures Fund Grant
- Two-time United Arts Professional Development Grant
- Florida Division of Cultural Affairs Individual Artist Fellowship
- Telly Award for best independent video script
- Winner: 2014 BroadwayWorld Orlando Awards, Best Lead Actress.
- Galati Research Grant
- "Playing by the Lake" Festival
- Awesome Foundation grant
- Three-time Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Award winner, Writing Excellence
- Three-time Artist-in-residence, Atlantic Center for the Arts
- Alternative Programming Chair, Timucua Arts Foundation
- Founding member, GoFLA/Sunshine Plate
- Creator, 13in13
- co-founder, Burry Man Writers Center
- publisher, Spice Maven Press
- Director, The Company of Eccentric Beggars
- Creator, House Theater Project
Pairing small-plate gems and rum concoctions for a memorable experience at Universal’s Sapphire Falls.
Winner, 2017 Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Award for Writing Excellence