Food adventures 2: a taste odyssey
LATEST DINING visit the dining review map
Victor Gonzalez demonstrates a mastery of many cuisines, whether Continental, American or Caribbean.
Orlando Magazine| November 2018
"In order to graduate from high school, I needed to take another course. I took ‘the kitchen’ because it was inside and had air conditioning. But I never thought I would get a career out of it."
Orlando Magazine| July 2018
Orlando Magazine| August, 2018
"My grandparents started in the auto industry, then opened a grocery store called Mantuano Food Shop.” A determined look crosses his face. “Which damn, I want to do again one day."
Masaharu Morimoto reflects on family, culinary philosophy, and the restaurant realm that has him on a last-name basis with fans in Orlando and around the world.
Orlando Magazine| April 2017
“I didn’t feel famous. People call me a celebrity? I’m just a chef.”
But, I say, everybody knows you.
“Yeah … amazing, huh?” he says, then erupts in laughter.
theater See more
features See more
- Community Foundation of Jacksonville Art Ventures Fund Grant
- Two-time United Arts Professional Development Grant
- Florida Division of Cultural Affairs Individual Artist Fellowship
- Telly Award for best independent video script
- Winner: 2014 BroadwayWorld Orlando Awards
- Galati Research Grant
- "Playing by the Lake" Festival
- Awesome Foundation grant
- Four-time Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Award winner, Writing Excellence
- Three-time Artist-in-residence, Atlantic Center for the Arts
- Alternative Programming Chair, Timucua Arts Foundation
- Founding member, GoFLA/Sunshine Plate
- Creator, 13in13
- co-founder, Burry Man Writers Center
- publisher, Spice Maven Press
- Director, The Company of Eccentric Beggars
- Creator, House Theater Project
Pairing small-plate gems and rum concoctions for a memorable experience at Universal’s Sapphire Falls.
Winner, 2017 Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Award for Writing Excellence