From rubs to Reubens, frog legs to food trucks, great breakfasts to bizarre burgers, finds in your own backyard to a culinary excursion along the SunRail track, there’s something for everyone.
Orlando Magazine| July 2019
Our annual guide to great cuisine, with 20 picks from Dining Critic Joseph Hayes, selections by readers in 57 categories, and four new Hall of Fame inductees.
"I get inspired by color, or a dream … That’s what I do, you get inspired and you cook. We have specials every day. I’m making Spam from scratch.”
Toast and egg joints; high-end brunch; cozy diners and French-inspired Vietnamese pastries; Ecuadorian bolon de verde and Turkish menemen; and eggs Benedict from every corner of then globe, including where it was invented.
theater & videosSee more
SUBLIME AND ANCIENT FOOD THAT HAS SURVIVED VESUVIUS' FURY
Pop-up kitchens and grand sit-down dinners exploring the foods of the Pompeian kitchen, as an arts and cultural partnership with the Orlando Science Center's exhibit of Pompeii: The Immortal City
A woman's life, seen from five different angles. Featuring La Lucha, nu-jazz interpreters of modern jazz standards, plus special guests.
COMING TO TIMUCUA
August 22 & 23, 2020
- Five-time Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Award winner
- Alternative Programming Chair, Timucua Arts Foundation
- Creator, Producer, Pompeii's Table series in conjunction with Orlando Science Center
- Founding member, GoFLA/Sunshine Plate
- Director, The Company of Eccentric Beggars
- Creator, 13in13
- co-founder, Burry Man Writers Center
- Creator, House Theater Project
- Three-time Artist-in-residence, Atlantic Center for the Arts
- Winner: Telly Award, Best Independent Video Script
- Winner: 2014 BroadwayWorld Orlando Awards
- Winner: Community Foundation of Jacksonville Art Ventures Fund Grant
- Winner: Two-time United Arts Professional Development Grant
- Winner: Florida Division of Cultural Affairs Individual Artist Fellowship
- Winner: Galati Research Grant
- Winner: Awesome Foundation grant
Pairing small-plate gems and rum concoctions for a memorable experience at Universal’s Sapphire Falls.
Winner, 2017 Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Award for Writing Excellence