A full-time freelance writer since 1996, Joseph has written for national and international publications about food, travel and the arts, and is currently the Dining Critic for Orlando Magazine. He won three Florida Magazine Association "Charlie" Awards for his food writing.
Food and Restaurant writer:
Florida Magazine Association Award-winning food writer and Orlando restaurant critic. James Beard Foundation member, trained chef, and avid advocate of good wine. Founding member, goFLA/SunshinePlate Central Florida; master of ceremonies for goFLA's public launching event of the Sunshine Plate manifesto with guest chef Norman Van Aken in 2014.
- Orlando Magazine 2009-present; 1998-2000
- Florida Magazine Association Award winner 2011, 2016, 2017
- Orlando Weekly 2000-2004
- plus: Aviation International News; Detroit Metro Times; DRAFT Magazine; Edmonton VUE Weekly; Florida Hospital Publishing; Lighting Homestyle; Orlando Dining Out; Rosen Reveal Magazine; Tampa Weekly Planet; Where Guestbook
As a writer on assignment, I've traveled to Italy, Scotland, England, New Orleans, California and, of course, New York City. I've become a go-to writer for all things Orlando. I'm available for location and pure research pieces on a wide variety of angles.
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Walt Disney World Resort & Orlando 2005-2015; EWTG Florida 2012; Eyewitness Top 10 Orlando 2010-2014; EWTG Family Guide to Florida 2013
- Fodor's Travel Guides Walt Disney World 2011, 2015, 2016; Fodor's Florida 2011, 2018; Fodor's USA 2015, 2017
- The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2017 (AdventureKEEN Publishers)
- The Orlando Citybook, Greater Orlando Chamber of Commerce
- New to Central Florida, SunTrust Bank
- plus: Aging With Style; AirTran Go Magazine; Follow the Rabbit; Industry Magazine; Moments Aboard Spirit Airlines; Orlando Guestbook; Orlando Sentinel; St. Augustine Visitors and Convention Bureau; TimeTravel-Britain.com; Venture Woman; VisitFlorida.com; TripMatcher.com; Where Traveler
Features & Entertainment:
Whether a story about Arts & Crafts houses in Florida or new styles in computers, a Mounted Police squad or alien abduction insurance, I've done it. Environmental issues, music, movie and theater reviews and in-depth conversations with legends in jazz. Interviews and personality profiles are my specialty.
- AlterNet; Barnes&Noble.com; Body; Brenau Window; Digital City; Edible Orlando; Fiction Writers Connection; Florida Realtor; Inscriptions Magazine; January Magazine; The Jerusalem Report; M Magazine; MaximumPC; Millenia Magazine; National Business Aviation Association; Orlando Sentinel; Orlando Weekly; Orlando Magazine; Poets & Writers; Style 1900; savvyHEALTH; Signature Magazine; Songlines UK; Valencia College Vitae Magazine; Winter Park Magazine; Writer's Journal
Staff writing jobs are a continuing part of my freelance career. I am available for contract work and ongoing assignments.
- AOL CityGuide; Florida Association of Realtors; iUniverse; Netsurfer Digest; Venture Woman Magazine
Fast, clean and appealing ad copy for print, online and collateral, for a diverse range of clients from real estate and state tourism bureaus to industrial security companies and shopping malls.
- The Boardwalk Group; Casco Media Corp; Florida Association of Realtors; HOUR Media; Miles Media Group; Triplehop Technologies; Walz Tetrick Advertising
Social networking and marketing:
- Co-owner of The Burry Man Writers Center, an award-winning worldwide community of writers.
- Co-founder of Inked-In, the social network for creative artists
- Founder, tINKer, a social network for teen writers
- Publisher, Spice Maven Press
Jazz On Edge showcase for new and original works by jazz musicians
The House Theater Project live original theater in unusual spaces before an in-person and Internet audience
13in13 year-long arts project
The Company of Eccentric Beggars
Founding member, Greater Orlando Food Leaders Alliance/Sunshine Plate
Board member, Timucua Arts Foundation
Associate Writer in Residence, Atlantic Center for the Arts: 1997, 2000, 2007
20 years experience in the business side of publishing; Audio and video tech for theater, television and radio; Corporate sales trainer for high-end consumer electronics
Editing, marketing and PR services available through my partner, Jennifer Greenhill-Taylor